Research has found that massage therapy is a great way to relieve stress to relax.
Stress relief and relaxation massage tends to be the most popular. Relieving stress (Stress is anything that poses a challenge or a threat to our well-being) and is an important component of maintaining emotional and physical well-being.
Swedish style techniques:
- Effleurage: long, sweeping strokes, usually used at the start and end of a massage.
- Petrissage: muscle kneading and rolling, where the muscles are worked on just like kneading dough.
- Frictions: deep pressure is applied to a particular spot with the thumb, fingertips, or knuckles.
- Tapotement: rhythmic tapping, and fast percussion movements.
This type of massage may specifically help to:
- Decrease/Prevent high blood pressure
- Decrease/Prevent the formation of artery-clogging deposits
- Decrease/Prevent anxiety, depression and addiction
- Decrease/Prevent obesity
- Prevent insulin dependence (Diabetes)